Thursday, August 19, 2010

A Morning On TV, An Afternoon at the Vet's, An Evening of Prayer

I had a great time interviewing with WHEC TV 10 mid day anchor Pat McGonigle today!  I was promoting my new book which will be released Sept 21.  I hope you read it and let me know how you feel about it.  There will be more information to share in the coming weeks.

Then it was back to reality as we took all three dogs and the cat to the veternarian's office to get their updated shots, heartworm and flea medications.   Of course, it started to rain heavily before we got into the car, so it now smells like wet dog, wet humans and soggy medications. 

In the middle of simple dinner this warm summer evening, we received a phone we knew would eventually come.  My husband's aunt, finally succumbing to yet another stroke, was ready to say goodbye. 

Still tender from the loss of my own mother barely three months ago, we raised our gin & tonics to the woman who was mothered him when he needed it, laughed at his jokes and sat happily at our wedding. 

Life is full of wonderful surprises, compromises and sadness.  Its not unusual to experience it all in one day.

Don't be afraid to embrace them all.

No comments: