Monday, October 4, 2010

What I Did On My Summer Vacation

Wondered if I'd ever have another 40 hour week job

My mother had another stroke

Talked to my sisters who were not having a good year, either

Celebrated my daughter's engagement

Thought about an old boyfriend

Got fat
Hung out with the grandkids

Missed the ones that don't leave close by

Wrote more than I had in a long time

Got depressed

Listened to music I didn't like

Spoke at the library

Cleaned the house from top to bottom.  Twice

Spoke at a benefit

Fought with my husband.  Really ugly fights.

Took care of my very sick dog, who I love almost as much as my children

Deleted a friend off Facebook and from my life.  Even though we had known each other for over 25 years, I realized one day I never had really known her at all

Found out my fourth book was ready for release, after being delayed a year

Co-host for a radio show.   Had such a good time, I was invited back the next day

Cried

Took the dogs to the vet

Helped my husband drive to the other side of the world for a new job

Ghost wrote a book on taxes

Listened as a family member slowly went insane for a while

Sat on Town Board meetings

Appeared on TV to promote the book

Listened to the wind

Decided to accept everybody the way they are

Got a part time job that required I dress up every day

Wrote more articles for some online publications that paid peanuts

Lost my job at the paper due to cutbacks

Started decorating the house again

Helped a son move to New Jersey

Listened to the waves

Helped a daughter move back home -just for a while

Planned a trip

Worried about money

Got more freelance work

Did stand up and killed

Joined the Rotary

My mother died

Met my 7th grandchild the same week

Was happy and depressed at the same time and wondered if it was possible

Watched the evenings start to get darker earlier

Let my hair grow

Had a heart to heart with myself to see if I had made a mistake

Lost a ton of weight

Missed writing everyday

So I wrote this

Realized it was a hell of a summer

Survived

1 comment:

Teresa K said...

Not much of a vacation. . . But definitely a summer to remember.